About our acupuncturist and acupuncture
Acupuncturist: Wei Xu, L.Ac.
- Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.) in Washington DC, New York, New Jersey, Florida.
- NCCAOM Diplomate in Acupuncture (Dipl.Ac.) and Chinese Herbology (Dipl. C.H.)
Indicates that the practitioner passed the following National Board exams:
Foundations of Oriental Medicine Theory
Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Graduated from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, China
- Internship in China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences affiliated hospital
- Residence in Capital Medical University affiliated hospital
- Near 30 years practice experience
Information about acupuncture and alternative medicine:
"Acupuncture is the practice of inserting thin needles into specific body points to improve health and well-being. It originated in China more than 2,000 years ago. American practices of acupuncture use medical traditions from China, Japan, Korea and other countries. In the United States, the best-known type involves putting hair-thin, metallic needles in your skin.
Acupuncture for Arthritis
To ease arthritis pain, you do not necessarily have to rely solely on pain pills and steroids; there are a few alternative treatments that may help you find relief, including acupuncture."
The Use of Meridian Stimulation has been Associated with Higher Success rates in many of the following conditions:
Musculoskeletal/Neurological Pain Management
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (RSI, CPS)
- Joint pain, neck and back pain
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hay-fever and allergy symptoms
- Infertility treatment
- Immune system depression / augmentation
- Stress management
- Drug/Alcohol addiction
- Tobacco addiction